Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Pineapple + Gemstone Mask Review
Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (plant derived), Glycerin, Carica Papaya (Organic Papaya) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Organic Papaya) Leaf Extract, Ananas Comosus (Organic Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Brazilian Tourmaline, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Leucidal (Radish Root) Ferment Filtrate, Pineapple Melange.
This wash-off mask contains Brazilian white tourmaline gemstone which is suppose to help brighten the skin and increase blood circulation. Another notable ingredient is rice powder which definitely helps softens and brightens the skin.
It also contains alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) from pineapple and papaya enzymes which helps remove dead skin cells. Prior to my green beauty conversion, I always used a chemical exfoliant that contained AHA or BHA so I was really excited to find a natural alternative to a chemical exfoliant! Trust me, removing dead skin cells is the key to smoother, more radiant, and clearer skin.
It comes with a plastic spatula which makes it easy to apply to mask. I usually leave it on for 5-10 minutes all over my face before I shower. If I'm doing my homework, I leave it on for a longer period of time on the acne scars.
- Smells good
- Helps calm and soothe my skin
- Leaves skin feeling soft instantly
- Fades scars in a good amount of time (I've been using it on and off, with SPF 30 during the day time, and I would like it takes about 1-2 months to fade)
- Texture is comfortable on skin since it's more like a gel and not sticky
- Doesn't require a lot of time to sit on skin to see results
- Doesn't cause any stinging for me (even though it contains enzymes to exfoliate)
- Hard to wash off the residue from face that's why I apply it before hopping into a steamy shower
- If I leave it on for too long, the mask dries up and tightens the skin (so go with their recommended time)
I definitely recommend this and would repurchase! I let two of my friends borrow it and they really liked it too. Plus, I noticed that their skin looked a lot more radiant!