Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Facial Oil Review
I've been writing a lot of reviews on makeup lately so I wanted to switch it up and review a skincare product this time! I bought the Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Facial Oil last September after reading rave reviews on their website. It's supposed to relieve redness and inflammation for oily and acne prone skin. I love Herbivore Botanical's branding, design, and packaging! Also, their description online is very informative and persuasive.
I've been using Acure Organic's Marula Oil for the longest time so it will be fun comparing the two oils! FYI, I've been using the lapis oil for at least 3 months after I purchased it in September of 2015. I personally only use facial oil as my moisturizer so it's important that the facial oil I'm using moisturizes my skin, reduces inflammation and acne, and evens out my skin texture.
- Provides light moisturization
- Lightweight texture
- A little bit goes a long way
- Slowly reduced my acne/scars
- Pretty packaging with a dropper!
- Extremely clean ingredients
- Smells really strong and doesn't go away until you wash it off
- Not as moisturizing as Acure Organic's Marula Oil
- Doesn't help with acne/scars as well as Acure Organic's Marula Oil
- Tends to separate in the bottle
As you can tell, I love my marula oil far more than I like the lapis oil. I personally think marula oil does a better job and for a way better price point: Acure Organic's Marula Oil is $15 vs. Herbivore Botanicals' Lapis oil is $72. So, the lapis oil doesn't add any extra benefits to my skin, however, it looks really nice displayed! If you've tried any of the oils or have any recommendations, let me know!