2017 Green Beauty Resolutions
Happy New Year! 2016 was a year full of trial and error for me in terms of skincare and makeup. I definitely discovered a bunch of products and techniques that I love and implement to this day. I also recently found out that I'm allergic to coconut-derived ingredients (full list here) which caused my skin to break out, become dry, patchy, and just made my skin texture really bumpy and sad. I can't believe it took me so long to realize that there are so many other names for ingredients that contained coconut in them!
I wanted to create some resolutions for 2017 in my ongoing green beauty journey, so here they are:
- Research products before purchasing to avoid coconut-derived ingredients and clog-poring oils like cocoa butter and palm oil
- Share the love and use all the products in my collection equally (sometimes I forget what I have)
- Maintain an "essentialist" collection that I truly want and love and not go overboard with the amount of beauty products I own
- Moisturize my body after showering to prevent flaky skin
- Exfoliate my face on a weekly basis
- Do a mask on a weekly basis
- Switch up the lipsticks I use (I'm always using the same ol' color even though I have a bunch of lippies in my bag)
- Transition into products that contain only organic ingredients
- Discover more makeup and skincare brands (currently looking for an extra dramatic highlighter, a dewy foundation, and a lightweight daytime moisturizer)
- Wash my brushes on a weekly basis
- Shop small (I love indie brands)
What are your New Year's resolutions? Are any of them similar to mine? I'd love to know!