100% Pure Cocoa Butter Semi-Matte Lipstick Review
Lipsticks are a girl's best friend—or mine, at least. The newest addition to 100% Pure's lip collection, the Cocoa Butter Semi-Matte Lipsticks are supposed to deliver rich pigmentation colored by fruits and long lasting performance. This is the first lipstick line where 100% Pure is offering a variety of shades from vibrant purples and oranges to pinks and nudes (finally, a break from the usual pinks and berries).
I've never owned a truly matte lipstick so seeing that this was labeled as "semi-matte" made me feel like I'm taking baby steps and training myself to more matte lippies. It's formulated with nourishing ingredients like cocoa and shea butters and retails for $29.
I picked up the shade, Sandstone, which is described as a "camel nude." I personally would say it's more of an apricot than camel as the shade leans towards the warmer orange side.
Ingredients: Theobroma Cacao (Organic Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Extracts of Prunus Cerasus (Cherry) Fruit, Prunus Domestica (Plum) Fruit, Vitis Vinifera (Cabernet Grape) Fruit, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Cacao (Chocolate), Rosa Centifolia (Rose Petals) Flower, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Oryza Sativa (Rice Starch), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract
- Very opaque color pay off
- Applies smoothly because of the butter ingredients
- Has a wearable, matte finish
- Easy to reapply, doesn't get cakey
- Feels powdery once it dries
- Lasts super long even after eating
- Fades/wears nicely—doesn't get patchy
- Doesn't dry out the lips but proper prep is recommended (lip balm and scrub)
- Tends to accentuate dry patches but exfoliating and prepping the lips with a balm will prevent it
- Packaging feels cheap—putting on & taking off the lid makes screechy sounds and scratches the surface
What do you think of the 100% Pure Semi-Matte Lipsticks? If you'd like, you can shop through my affiliate link here!